Saturday, May 15, 2010

Faith


I don't know that I have any. I'm working on it. I wish I had it but it is a concept that has eluded me for many years. I grew up in a church where that was a main topic, so you think it'd come alot easier for me but for some reason it doesn't.

Things aren't ok. But I've gotten so used to them being not ok that when things start getting good, I subconsciously mess it up because I don't know how to handle the good times. They come so rarely that I'm unprepared for them. Again, I'm working on it.

I don't have complete faith that things will get good again for a while (my hunch is 2012). Just when I think I hit rock bottom, it turns out

-Rock bottom
--50 ft. of crap
--- then there's me

I do think that hope and faith are different. It's like wanting and knowing. I don't know that things are gonna change. If there's any sort of set pattern, it's not gonna. I'm glad that life seems to be good for everyone else around me. But I'd like some of the good. Just a sip. yeeeeeeeahhhh. A sip of good right now would be amazing.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Casey,

Haha... I don't know what to say concerning this. Saying I know how you feel just won't quite cover it. Plus there's the whole point of the fact you don't know all that well. I'm not going to say it'll get better quickly either, as, going through similar feelings, it has yet to get better for me. I can guarantee that you have friends though. You have people who love you and admire you. I admire you from a distance, I have no choice but to admire you from that far away. Keep your faith. Even if it doesn't ever get better, the faith keeps you going, which is the whole point. You'll get where you're going.... I can guarantee that too.

If you need help, there's people (like me) to reach out to.

^_^