Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Comfort and Happiness


Hark one. Hark All. After a 18 months of wishin', I am finally a student at East High. I am so sore, but it is completely worth every aching muscle. I have worked so hard to get to this point and I am so happy I made it. Here's me and Brock "being super heroes".

Following Denise Case's (show director) 4:35 in the moring declaration of approval, I was on my way home and a song came up on my iPod. Everyone has those times when a song comes on that is perfect for the exact moment you're experiencing. I had one of those. A few days ago, Jen showed me this song by Death Cab that I had some how never heard. That, or I just never realized it's brilliance till then. It's called "Passenger Seat". I hate to sound cliche, but I think the lyrics to this song are so conversational. It is so full of comfort and happiness. Below are the lyrics, if you'd like to follow along with the last song on the playlist to your top right.

I roll the window down
And then begin to breathe in
The darkest country road
And the strong scent of evergreen
From the passenger seat as you are driving me home.

Then looking upwards
I strain my eyes and try
To tell the difference between shooting stars and satellites
From the passenger seat as you are driving me home.

"Do they collide?"
I ask and you smile.
With my feet on the dash
The world doesn't matter.

When you feel embarrassed then I'll be your pride
When you need directions then I'll be the guide
For all time.
For all time.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!

Matthew said...

I like the song, it's nice. And congrats on the show! I know you'll have a great time.

Allie said...

CONGRATULATIONS, Wildcat!