Monday, July 5, 2010

4th of blegh-lie

The 4th of July used to be my favorite holiday. It was the only calm holiday that i experienced growing up (fighting and anger and sadness have tainted the rest of them).

Its not really my favorite anymore. It's gotten tainted like the rest. Yesterday, was particularly awful. However, I accepted that it was gonna be no good early on in the day. Doing so allowed any cheer to increase 10 fold. Here are two items that saved my 4th from dismal obscurity.



The Scissor Sisters' new album Night Work is freaking amazing. I loved their songs "Take Your Mama" and "Laura" so I gave this album a try and I am so glad I did. It cheered me up, how ever minutely.



Yes, this is dorky. I know. A super dork factor is involved for even mentioning it. But it was very helpful in the distraction process.

So thank you Scissor Sisters and Japan for providing me with distractions from the abysmal crap that was my holiday weekend.

No comments: