Saturday, February 12, 2011

Enough

The title 'Enough' is not referring to the Jennifer Lopez movie, in which she kicks her ex-husbands ass. No, the title is actually something that I am not. Its something I have never been. And its taken me alost 23 years to realize it. I'm not enough.

I'm not smart enough
not funny enough
not good looking enough
not lucky enough
not a good enough dancer
not a good enough singer
not a good enough artist
not athletic enough
not Mormon enough
not not-Mormon enough
not happy enough
not wild enough
not confident enough
not strong enough
not friend enough...

The list of my ineptitudes is neverending. I'm sorry to everyone who has to deal with me that I am not enough. I think I'm gonna stop trying. I can't seem to succeed and repetative faliure is not really awesome. So...later

1 comment:

Jentrie said...

Dear Casey,
The sooner you stop pleasing the world...the happier you will be. You are awesome! Don't ever think you aren't. Forget others. :) It's a hard lesson to learn, but i would know. Just be happy. :)