Sunday, March 25, 2012

Lessons Being Learned. So many Lessons

I am currently in a three day weekend, which I'm pretty sure hasn't happened since I trudged the halls of Orem High School. What led to this lovely break was a somewhat grueling (for me anyway) 19 days of work straight. I know people have made it through worse and will continue to have 30 days with no sanity retrieving triad of solar periods. However, I have been lucky enough to have never had that.

You learn a lot about yourself in pushing yourself that way.

Anywho, I had a random inclination to check out this blog since its been about a year since I composed a new entry. What I saw was 2 really depressing excerpts of my psyche. I was in a bad place last year. I really don't know any other way to put it. Its a hard thing to realize you can't please people. Especially, if you are a people pleaser. But once you accept that fact, that not everyone has to be pleased as punch with you all of the days, you can start living for you. Its the accepting it that is the hard part.

The last year has given me so many personal gifts. The realization that I need to take control of my life was the most prevelant. I'm learning to be more assertive, to work harder, to be more responsible, and to have confidence in myself and my work. It has been a long road. The longest. And i know the road is longer still. But (and this is the cheesy part; have your fondu sticks ready) as long as I have good friends to help me laugh as I hobble up that road, I know I'll get there.

Point being, work hard, be confident, push yourself, enjoy your time here. Don't be too serious. Cause if you can't laugh with yourself, no one else will!

No comments: