Wednesday, November 21, 2007

All that you've left behind...

So I got my confirmation e-mail saying I was invited to participate in the Disney College Program last friday. I so happy i literally let out a wail. My parents, knowing I was to get the e-mail that day, came down and asked for the news. I looked like I was about to bawl, so of course they thought I didn't get it (I usually don't cry when I'm happy. I'm not sure I've ever been happy enough to actually merrit some salty moisture from the eyes). I read them the verdict: "Congratulations! You passed your recent Walt Disney World® Character Audition and will be invited to participate in a Character Performer Role in the Disney College Program!!"

Before I had finished the sentence that filled me with joy, my mom had let the salty moisture overtake her. However, it was for very different reasons.

This is when I realised something. For months, I truly believed that my absence from this ghost town of a place would go unnoticed since 90% of anyone I grew up with is gone. But there is quite a number of people who will be affected by my move. My family for starts. Often I get the feeling I am a pain in all their asses, but my brother told me he nearly broke into tears at lunch on monday. (When he told his friend I was leaving, she asked where the call was. I told him if anyone else asks that i was called to the Florida, Walt Disney World Mission.) Anyways, the moral of the story is people's life is affected by your absence. Don't think you don't matter or that you won't be missed. Cause you will.

That was my emotional nugget of the day brought to you by Samsung. "When you got somewhere to go, Samsung gets your things there."

3 comments:

Nessie said...

Yeah I wish someone besides my family would miss me too... they aren't even crying like yours... ha

Laura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laura said...

That was weird.... My comment has been deleted. :D Congratulations Casey! Its hard for those of us sticking around for college like UVSC and BYU to truly understand what its like to be missed... except for all those guys who have fallen off the face of the earth for 2 years :D