Sunday, November 25, 2007

Maybe this Christmas

Here's my issues with the whole holiday jolliness. I HATE it. Maybe I am just a bitter angry person. Maybe I was raised to dislike merryment. Anything could be possible. All I know for sure is that the holiday season has no reason. I mean, seriously, I know he ain't so real, but i don't understand the positive imagery of an old man in a red suit breaking into your house. I can't see why that wouldn't freak kids out.

And another thing, why do people pretend they are sooo happy at this time of year? If anything it adds more stress to hardworking parents who try to make sure their children get what the want from the A-morphous concept that is "Santa". If the child doesn't get exactly what they want and how they want it, the parents feel like failures because they didn't get it right. Then the child is upset and makes the whole damn day worse than it needs to be. I mean, even getting your friends gifts can be pretty stressful. You wanna get them something they'll like, but you don't wanna just ask them what they want cause 'it'll ruin the fun' or whatever. But the issue with that is that you can never know what a person will think of a gift until they see it. You can think they'll like it, but when they open it they can get fairly disappointed.

However, Ron Sexsmith might have it right:
Maybe this Christmas will mean something more
Maybe this year love will appear
Deeper than ever before

It is unlikely, but as I said: Anything's Possible.

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.