Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Elephunk

So a funny thing happened tonight. I went upstairs to start my selected film for the night (Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me), but my dad was watching the Republican Debate on CNN. Being one who'd rather watch fictional charactes on the small screen, I moved to change the channel. Then, suddendly, I didn't. You pickin' up what I'm layin' down?

I watched the Republican debate! What the hell?

By the end of the two hour session I found myself arguing with the televised Ron Paul about the war. I was applauding Sen. Huckabee's beliefs on the Holy Bible. I was completely entralled by McCain and Rudy's verbal sparing match. Seriously! What the hell? Who is this strange person booing potential Presidential candidates? It's not the Casey we all know and love.

Thinking back on the odd situation a few hours later, I believe I know what is going on. I'm growing up. I'm beginning to form ideals and concepts of what I want from my President, which I'll come to press upon my own children till they resent me to form political ideals of their own.

I wish me luck.

1 comment:

Marcindra LaPriel said...

I'm impressed.

So who do you think you're going to vote for?