Saturday, July 5, 2008

Wreck of the Day


I hope ya'll in the blogesphere had a good 4th. It's usually one of my favorite holidays. Luckily, I got in my celebratory acts the day before. Yes, ladies and gentlemen. I honored the 4th of July on the 3rd of July.

Things aren't as crazy and obnoxious the day before. Streets are fairly clear. Stores aren't quite packed. Plus there are always people who do a test run of their home fireworks. I know because I was at my aunt's house, in her hot tub, instead of nasty ass Camp/Kiosk, where I was scheduled to be. It's good to veer off schedule every now and then.

Anywho, we had a family party the entire day and it was a blast. Putting it in retrospective, it almost makes up for my 4th, at Camp/Kiosk, where I was scheduled to be(11 and 1/2 hours is too long. I know, some people work 14 hour days but all I say to them is, "STUUUPID!"). I didn't even see any fireworks. I'm not usually big on exploding sky rockets but it's kinda a F*&^ you reminder to Britain that we got our freedom. I would have liked to see some reminding.

But alas, I am gorging on Saved by the Bell attempting to recouperate from the horrific night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello old friend. At least you celebrated! I spent the 4th working from about 11:00 am till about 10:00 pm. And then I went home and did a puzzle because the parking was too crazy to watch fireworks. Yep. Lame.