Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Holy Water


Praise the heavens! We have running water!

Wait. I got ahead of my self. Stop. Rewind.

Play.

Friday afternoon our water shut off. I figured it out, cause I went to wash my hands. Squirted some liquid soap in my palms and turned on the faucet which poured generous volumes of air into my now lathered digits.

You see, when your water is gone, you're basically screwed. No water means no showers, no laundry, no clean dishes, only pre-prepared food, and, worst of all, no flushing the toilet. What do you do when you take a deuce at 11:30 at night and the water is gone? Drive to work of course. You can shower there, too. Yes, it's a little like showering at a rec center, but at least the water doesn't turn frigid five minutes in.

Anyway, five days later, a burly hispanic man knocks on my door and tells me we have running water. And it was good.

No comments: