Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Stolen


The other day, I decided to go see Monsters Vs. Aliens. It got mixed reviews, but I love some of the stars (i.e. Hugh Laurie, Reese Witherspoon, Seth Rogan) so I wanted to show support. That's what friends do.

And so I make the journey to the cross the border between my complex and the outside world. When I arrive to my decrepit mode of transportation, a.k.a. Walter, I can't help but notice that the door is unlocked. The reason this was suspicious is that I remember locking both doors last night. An act I don't ususally worry about cause, let's face it, Walter doesn't have anything worth stealing. But the eve previous, I just decided to lock it up.

I move past the oddity of unlockedness, sit down and there, where my radio/crappy CD player (it didn't play burned CD's for crying out loud) should be, is an empty hole save the wiring powering the only youthful section in the old car.

Seriously?!?

How rude is that? Picture, if you will, an 80 year old man (named Walter, naturally) with dementia. He hurt his leg in World War II and has since needed the support of a cane to be mobile. Sad image, huh? Now, imagine this man waking up in the morning to find some teenage hispanic thug has stolen his cane to hock at some pawn shop for cash. Poor Walter.

Damn kids. With their baggy pants and noisy curse-word infected music and lame attemps at facial hair.

2 comments:

Jentrie said...

Saaaad. :( i feel so sad for you..that is NOT good news at all. I really am sorry to hear that...

Casey said...

That sucks dude! Too bad Kharma is a bitch and those thugs will soon get whats coming to them! Well, ok I don't know that for sure but its nice to think about some crappy situation happening to them right?!