Friday, April 3, 2009

Present

Every once in a while, this wave of nostalgia will hit me. This (almost) yearning for the past. It's like I want to be in that time more than I want to be in my present.

I hate it when that happens!

Listen, (most of) the past was great. I had friends and fun and girls who didn't wanna date me (the present is very similar). High school was miserable and great, lame and a hoot. All the things that time of you life should be. I find myself wanting to bring the then to the now. And then I realize...

You can't. You can't really integrate your friends from high school and make them a big part of your life. Because, now, after two years (just throwing out a number) they aren't the people you knew. They've changed. You've changed. Living situation, hopes and dreams, personality, morality, likes and distastes; all changed. You might not like them anymore and they might not like you. You have drifted apart. But, i suppose, that is the natural order of things.

I do try to keep up with my friends from anytime. I don't always succeed. But even if I talk to them every 3-5 months, I know something is different. But I continue to try to re-friend my once-friends, casue thats what friends do.

No comments: