Monday, June 1, 2009

Here's What I Did on My 11 Day Vacation...

Since it's my last day, I figure I'll give you the scoop of my trip.

But before I commence the fill-in-the-blank session, I'm gonna pause for a moment to say something. There is always a need for me to be cautious of what I say on my blog, because alot of people who read this are easily offended. I have had to learn to edit myself and what I say. I suppose this new talent is a good thing, but it's also constricting. I'm kinda jealous of Julie, in a sense, because (at least it appears) she can speak without fear of retribution. (Again, it would appear) Bry seems to have this luxury as well. If i'm wrong let me know, but I wish I could do that.

Back to the purpose. The trip has been really great. Went to an ex, Serena's, wedding my first night in. It was great to see her again and on her wedding night even. It was so weird, but I am so happy for her. I think her new spouse knew a little of the Casey-Serena history, because he glared at me all night. If I went out of his leering view, he moved to talk to some other well-wisher so he could continue giving me the stink eye. I'm glad I went with my friend, Amy, casue we just grooved to Serena's handpicked wedding playlist, which consisted of nearly every dance club song of the past three years. Finally, instead of rice, all the guest blew bubbles as the drove off in their lamely undecorated Mazda to start their new life. And closure was recieved.



I got to hang out with some old friends that I haven't seen in about two years. Trevor got off his mission and is the same, but different. It's pretty cool; He grew into himself. Which, I get the impression, is not what he feels toward me. It was great to hang with him though. Also, soon to be married Julie Garbutt. I mean, we've stayed in contact, but we haven't really hung out in quite a while. It was a blast to hang with both of them again. I met her gonna-be husband, Andy, as we all relaxed in Julie's rumpus room (not a euphimism). He's pretty awesome. Some odd combination of people I know, which is a good thing.

I went to see a rehersal of the "Singin' in the Rain", at my old stomping grounds, the Hale Center Theater. It was a mess. Nothing was as it should be a four days before a show opens. Sloppy. But they figured out how to make it rain, which is pretty cool.



Had to get a wisdom tooth removed, seeing as my gums were at the beginning stages of infection. I've told you a little bit of it. What I didn't tell you is that the two following mornings, I woke up at 6 in the morning because I was in such pain. The dentist, in order to remove said tooth, could not find an instrument that could fit around the massive tricuspid, so he twisted and turned it and ended up yanking it out but the root. Yes, it was UPSIDE DOWN before he could rip it from the soft tissue.

Lastly, I get to perform in the Big Show. It's the end of year recital held by my grandma's dance studio. I learned six of the dances by video to be ready for the performance. Lemme tell you, learning dances by video in two days is haaarrrrd. But it's been a while since I really danced and it's nice to do once in a while.

Anyway, that's been my trip thus far. Thoughts?

No comments: