Monday, October 5, 2009

Cinematic Contemplations


So I saw two movies in the past couple of days and here are my thoughts.

Last Friday, I saw The Invention of Lying. Good things first:
1. The first thirty minutes or so are extremely funny. People feeling compeled to tell the truth of course yields much comedy.
2. Jennifer Garner. I think thats all I need to say about that.
3. There are many a cameo. You might even call it 'Star-studded'. Edward Norton plays a heroine huffing cop. Pretty darn funny.

Ok, now the unpleasant part. If you have any affiliations with nearly any Christian religion, I don't recomend this movie. It is not for you. Go see the Toy Story 3D double feature. I think that's a safer choice.



Today, I saw Zombieland. Normally, I am not one for the zombie flick, but everynow and then one looks appealing to me. I think the last one I saw was I Am Legend, just to give you an idea of how often I go to movies featuring the undead.

Anyway, it was pretty good. It definatly made light of the inard consumers that had seemed to conquer the US. Woody Harrelson is great as an over-eager kicker of zombie ass. And Emma Stone is...well, she's really hot. And the cameo of a comedy legend is pretty surprising and brings a nice break from the growling sludge/blood-spitters chasing after our protaginists. If you have a strong stomach and enjoy amusement parks, you should check it out.

2 comments:

Jentrie said...

I saw the invention of lying! And i loved it til the middle...then it just got kinda dumb, and i didn't like it. BUt for reals, by far my favorite part is, "i just took the biggest poop of my entire life! So, what are you ordering..." i kept thinking about it and just laughing...hahaha but.not my fav. movie ever, even though i LOVE him! He's hilarious...Wow! didn't mean for the novel. My apologies. :)

Matthew said...

After that review, I hope God won't banish me to hell for going to see Lying... I really want to!