Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Favorite songs heard in '07

Now these might have been written years ago, but I had never heard them until this year. They don't go in order. It's just a happy helping of songs i loved this year.

"Sun Comes Up" by John Legend- This will definatly play at my wedding. One of the best love song I've ever heard.


"The Nicest Thing" by Kate Nash- Sung so eloquently, Nash knows what she wants.

"Scarecrow and Fungus" by Regina Spektor- Her lyrics are as addicting as her melodies.

"La Familia (Guy Sigsworth remix)" by Mirah- Provided a perky contrast of waking up after drunken sex on Grey's Anatomy. And delighted me to no end.

"Piece of Me" by Britney Spears- Her personal life may be a trainwreck but Brit still makes songs with killer beats and lyrics.

"Paperweight" by Joshua Radin and Schuyler Fisk- Fantastic harmonies + Air-y voices = amazing song.

"Drowning" by Missy Higgins- States my feelings on Utah for the past two months.

"The Sweet Escape" by Gwen Stefani- What can i say? It's a damn fun song!

"Death of Romeo and Juliet" by Logan Kendall- Played at the end of a production I was in. Perfectly tailored for the high-tech R&J.

"Keep Breathing" by Ingrid Michaelson- I have sung this repeatedly to myself when freaking out.

"Without Love" from HAIRSPRAY- Best number in the whole movie-musical.

"The Moment I Said It" by Imogen Heap- Inspired Mia Michaels to create my favorite group dance on SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE?

"Teardrop" by Massive Attack- Theme of HOUSE, which i also became quickly addicted to.

"The Great Escape" by Patrick Watson- Played repeatedly on those terrible days, which seem to have happened quite often.

and finally,
"Listen Up!" by The Gossip- The only song by a band. All the oooooohs and killer beats made it an instant favorite on my iPod.

So there they be. I'm sure most of them no one has ever heard before but maybe some have. Here's to equally fantastic songs in '08!

No comments: