Sunday, November 23, 2008

I Know Where I've Been

Writing is cathartic. For me at least. I can often get some perspective on a given situation when I write it out. Just blurt it, you know? Induce word vomit. It sometimes works by talking through the problem with someone, but it is a pretty sure thing if I write it out, I'll be able to handle the situation in a mature, "drama-free" manor.

Now, I have said before that whilst writing in the blogesphere, you are essentially giving up the privacy of your thoughts. That's kinda the point. However, there are always going to be times where you want to have an uncensored vent-fest (by uncensored, I mean using actual names and the specific situation). Many friends I know of, have second "secret" blogs, perhaps, just for this reason. So I found it a little odd to be met with confusion when said friends became aware of my very own second blog.

Anyway, my point is this. I know my second blog wasn't on a private "invite only" setting. Hell, I even posted the link to check it out. But the madness behind the Here's the thing... was that I too wanted the chance to be uncensored. It clearly didn't work out well.

No comments: