Thursday, December 10, 2009

Let's Chat

Ok, so Facebook chat iritates me.

To start at the beginning, I feel a slight twinge of annoyance in the depths of my soul that I have to log onto Facebook in the first place. I never have really loved the site, it was just what everyone else started using and I'm fine to go along with things. I can adjust to it, whatever. Its fine. I was just loyal to myspace, I liked it better. Then it made its decent into obscurity and irrelevance. Which has left me stuck on the social network site I would've rather opted out of.

Anyway, you can use a form of Instant Messaging that they call "Facebook Chat". While in average situations, this tool is fine to use, but once you are having a serious important discussion, it makes the vein in my forehead surge with annoyance. You see there is this little speech bubble that pops up when the other person is typing.

Often people will write and rewrite what they are going to say which makes the bubble appear then vanish multiple times. And frequently, the result is a 3 word sentence. Yes, I am in impatient man. I never claimed to be otherwise. This is not my choice form of communication, but if need be, I will adapt and learn to put my impatience in a little box so there is only joy and love in the room.

2 comments:

Jamurai (^ ^) said...

ha i believe it was "this is what I know to be fact:"

Matthew said...

I typically just stay "offline"... that usually prevents the annoyance.