Wednesday, December 23, 2009

What's the hold-up?

The other day, a watched someone get arrested. It was quite dramatic and prevented me from getting home in a timely manner. You see, I was at Chipotle getting a nice dinner for myself after a long day. After exiting the building, getting to my car, and looking behind me to back out of my excellent parking spot, I see this:


There was also police vehicles located in front and behind, the car behind me, as in, I wasn't going anywhere. After sitting and watching this episode of cop drama unfold, I gathered the following information.

-The low-ride pant wearing, go-t'd, thug driver was stopped because he was putting on his seatbelt when the car was already in motion.
-Thug's unwillingness to let the cops search his car led to the belief that Thug was also Drug Dealer.

So as I watched this Officer bark at these people (there was 2 other passengers, 1 guy and 1 girl who will hence be know as Homie and...i dunno, Bridget.), I couldn't help but think this guy is a walking stereotype. Guys like this is the reason civilians think cops are deuche-bags. On the same token, the "suspects" were also playing into stereotypes as well. I mean, I even call them "Thug" and "homie". That help you paint a little picture?


Thug decided it would be faster to let the gentlemen search his car and when no narcotic traces were found, they were just gonna give a ticket for that seatbelt thing. When Thug refused to sign the ticket ("SAY NO ONE MORE TIME..." barked the officer.) they wrestled him to the hood of the car, cuffed him, and took him downtown. Needless to say, Homie and Bridget were not happy about this. When the tried to intervene, Officer Angry ordered them to the side walk. Homie let out a few verses of "You ain't gon be disrespecting me, son!" and about 10 minutes and the arrival of a k-9 unit, I was free to go.

On a sidenote, I can now see the Thestrals.

No comments: