Monday, December 14, 2009

Ode to Time


I'm gonna try to make this sound as honest and real as possible.

But I'm not making any promises.

I know I have stated how, in my oppinion, 24 is amazing. So this is just a rieteration.

24 is truly amazing. I consider myself an avid television viewer. I watch more shows and have more seasons of Tv-on-DVD than I care to discuss. No, I am not a certified critic, nor have I yet contributed anything of value to the medium. But I do have damn fine taste. I know good programming when I see it and 24 is one of the most engaging shows you will ever see.

To get more specific, season 5 of this show exceeds its own extraordinarily high standards. It's affected me. It is a powerful, emotional, intense day in the life of Agent Jack Bauer. He takes us through his day, giving us a glimpse of the lengths he is willing to go to to keep the civilians of the United States safe. In season 5, he is in a particularly vulnerable state as he is suppose to be dead. But once more, he sticks his neck out to save lives. He is a patriot, a hero.

I do know that Jack Bauer is a fictional character played by Kiefer Sutherland on a television program. A.K.A. NOT REAL. I get it. But it has brought out an emotional response in me, which is really what TV and movies (good tv and movies anyway) are supposed to do. Make you feel something.

I recomend you watch the show, obviously. If you get to Season 5 you will be treated with intense story involving some deadly Sytox nerve gas, outstanding performances from a fantastic case, including Gregory Itzin's award winning turn as the crooked President Logan, and 24 episodes of sheer entertainment.

Damn it, you're running out of time!

1 comment:

Julie Wilding said...

Did I ever tell you that I love 24? Because I love 24.