Monday, February 1, 2010

It's fine, I guess

Today I hate the rain. There are occasions when I love the rain. Days where all you wanna do is go out and play and jump and kiss amidst the precipitation.

Today is not one of those days.

This morning I am sped to work as usual. I reach the Security...Mistess at 29 thinking I have a whole minute and a half to walk 12 feet to the time-clock. I get to 11 feet and find some 3rd shift hispanic man attempting to clock out. But he can't figure out how to do so. Four or five people are trying to assist but he doesn't understand what is being said and keeps doing it incorrectly. I am pulling my hair out because this is something that hugely irritates me. I don't care if foreigners come here. The US is awesome. The more the merrier. However, here we speak ENGLISH. How rude of you to come here and assume we will cater to your language. Whatever. I'm on a tangent. Pulling back. Guy, you're inability to speak our language is now affecting my day. Which is not ok. Bleegghhh.

It's fine, i guess. I clocked in the last seconds of 8:30.

Next, I get to the breakroom and find that the costume set in my spot is not mine. Instantly, I panic thinking I didn't read my schedule closely enough and I'm supposed to be at MISICI or something. But it turns out, I didn't have the mix up. Costuming did. So when I go try to switch out these clothes for pieces that are my size, I find the costumer has shut herself in with the costumes because "today, she just can't lose focus" and if we all walk in and out she will get all jumbled. Well, guess what sweetcakes? You lost the right to have that "unjumbled" time when you set the wrong freaking costumes.

It's fine I guess. I went in the back way and switched the costumes myself.

Its rainy. Has been all day. Which normally is a good thing and at points today it was good. I am completely exhausted and I needed to rest if I could. However, when it comes to Block Party, I'd so much rather do a Full show than a rainy day drive by. (Most of you won't know what that means, just know that to me (and me alone) a drive by is the suckiest of suckfests.) So the decision was made. Drive by. In the rain. Not thrilled.

It's fine I guess. I was done with work after parade.

So then it starts raining harder and due to the big cheer conference coming up, there is a tent being errected in the front half of the cast parking lot so I have to walk to the back, in the rAAAINNn, to get to my car. Wet and literally dripping, I stop at 7/11 to get a much needed Dr. Pepper. I go to pay and the transaction happens as follows:

Cashier: So will the be all for you?
Casey: yessir.
Cashier: Crazy rain outside. Did it ruin your day?
Casey: Yes, actually it did.
Cashier: Oh, sorry man. My companion went though my phone last night.
How is that on topic? Why is he telling me this? Just be nice.
Casey: Maybe you...should've deleted some things on there
Cashier: Yeah, I should have.
Ok, walking away now.
Cashier (cont'd): But like what was he doing going through my phone?
Whhhhhyyyyy are you still talking to me?
Casey: I don't know man. If you gave him reason not to trust you...
Cashier: He didn't have a reason not to trust me. Now I don't trust him.
Casey, leave now!
Casey: Sory man, Well have a good night.

It's fine i guess. I'm going to sleep now!

3 comments:

TinTin V. said...

Ouch, Casey! Sorry to hear you had such an awful day. :-\ Hope tomorrow turns out better for you.

On a side note, the Oscar noms get announced tomorrow! :-) Let's chat afterwards, shall we? Take care!

Jamurai (^ ^) said...

ummm, this jewel of cashier banter was not at all mentioned in the verbal recap. granted it was split into sections due to rain and cone driving and naps and such, but there was ample pizza travel time for some "ohh get this..." Grrr, sir, grrr

Laura said...

sheesh... i'm sorry. where do you work btw?