Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Backdate

So this post was originally intended to go up about two weeks ago.

So we're just gonna pretend it was posted:

January 16, 2010

I have recently had resurgance of Nintendo 64ness. My roommate (sadly, she is no longer) brought an N64 from back home and gave me the priveledge of having my own file on her copy of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time! When I was growing up I loved this game. Mostly because it was so challenging. I never knew if I was going to beat it. Fortunatly (or unfortunatly), the friends I did have were NintendoNerds and helped me make it through the game. I honestly cannot express how BAMF N64 is to me.

Anyway, as I got older I set the controller down and had some semblence of a life. I saw semblence becuase it was a quiet, awkward life but at least I had friends and didn't stay home every weekend letting my neurons slowly die out. However, in my Senior year, when my band of friends and I made "a treehouse" (I use quotations cause it was underground, not in the air.) the 1st resurgance took place. We would (NEVER) skip class to play it at times. That was when Dave was super in it though. The 2nd resurgance would be mine.

And so it came to pass, that thanks to one Miss Gordon and the help of her handy aged Strategy Guide, the 2nd resurgance was mine. I beat the game in a lofty 10 days and was fairly impressed at how easy it was for me. Accept the "mini boss" in the water temple. That backed me up a day or two. But nevertheless, I had my day and verily thus. Here's a clip from the brilliance (and yes it was shot on my phone)

1 comment:

TinTin V. said...

You would wear the red tunic for such a moment...lol :-)