Friday, April 25, 2008

Reminise

While I'm sure you all found The Spare Chronicles simply enthralling, I have to interrupt with a reminissense.

So my cousins is kinda with my neighbor, who, luckily, has a car. I say luckily because I needed a trip to the grocery store. I can only get so much milage out of freeze dried chow mein noodles.

Anyway, I need to tell you something about neighbor, let's call him B. My cousin does, so I think it's ok. You see, B isn't mormon. That's all you need to know.

We all go to get in his car and find that it is totally boss. A '89 Chevrolet Station Wagon. What made the experience even better, was we got in, and the aroma of single malt liqour and cigar smoke over took my nostrils. I have only experienced this particular scent few times before and they were all in the same place. My great aunt Dorothy's house reaked of this hybrid odor. For the last ten years of her life, she did not leave the house. She left no windows or doors open, leaving no chance to clear the air. The smell was basically baked into the house.

All of this came to me in the first ten seconds of our trip. It was interesting. It was odd. It was de-lovely.