Tuesday, April 29, 2008

SPARE CHRONICLES: Return of the Spare

And now for the "long-awaited" sequel. *-means something needed to be edited for public use

Today I was a spare at DAK (Disney's Animal Kingdom). I was petrified they'd send me some place aweful. Animal Kingdom doesn't exactly have the best spare reputation. However, it was only going to be nine hours and there is nowhere at DAK that I could not tolerate for nine hours. And thus I went to work feeling a mixture tranquility and trepidation.

I checked in, warmed up, and was told to come back in an hour. So far so good. One down, eight to go. I checked back at my instructed time they attempted to send me to hang out with Ratcliffe. I immediatly produced my get out of jail phrase, "I'm too short for that". They pause only a moment then made several grim sounding phone calls and i recieved a seven word instuction;"You're gonna *hang-out-with Goofy on the boat". The boat? What boat? There is a shit load of boats at Animal Kingdom. How was I supposed to locate one in specific?

After the slight panic ceased and I managed to actually get myself to the boat, the rest of the day was pie. My job much easier when I have no guest contact. All I did was dance on a boat. It was fun. I haven't had that much fun in a couple weeks. It was a nice change.

When my four, twenty-minute boat rides were up, the sent me to "water" for parade. Which, as I'm sure you can infer, consisted of me filling cups with water. Literally. I'm not sure my day could have gotten any simpler. Filling cups with water and taking some boat rides. Now, if everyday could be like this...lovely.

Stay Tuned for the next.......SPARE CHRONICLES

No comments: