Sunday, May 25, 2008

Release

Seeing as I gave away two of my other shifts this week, I had to go to playground yesterday. But the thing is, it really wasn't aweful. I might even say it was fun. I know, it sounds crazy. Pooh's Playground was fun for ME? But alas, tis truth.

I have had revelation this week though. I only worked three days this week. I would think inspiration would have came after a long grueling week of chillin with Tigs, but the saying is true. The Lord does work in mysterious ways.

When I first arrived on my college program, I felt alot of pressure. It was crazy to me that I was friends with such beloved characters. And guests don't get the opportunity to see them as much as I have. I didn't want them to be disappointed. So with the crazy came heaps of responsibilty and pressure. I think I wanted so badly to give people what they were expecting that I ended up not being as good as I could've been.

But then Wednesday a miraculous thing happened. I stopped caring. Instead, I had fun. I didn't even say to myself, "I AM GOING TO HAVE FUN THIS SET". I just did. The best part is that guests had fun because I was having fun. Once I realized that, everything got so much easier. Tigger didn't kill me with all his energy. I had fun doing my job. And life just got a little better.

No comments: