Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Flyin'

Photobucket

Last night, something happened I've been waiting for for quite some time. I finally got to go to a stilts workshop. It was so much fun. Like oodles of fun.

At first, it felt like I had been in some horrible car accident and I was learning to walk again. It's hard to keep your balance when you are 2 1/2 feet taller and your legs are 18 pounds heavier (9 to each leg). But after a while it became really easy. We had a bar we were holding onto to keep our balance and I was the first one to leave the bar (not that I'm bragging, but I was awesome). Then we started doing choreography and it was like I was floating. Well, in a matter of speaking.

The best part was that I felt like I could dance again. I know it's kinda lame, but since I've been down here I've expecting something. I mean, freakin anything, give me Cowboy Camp. But continually not getting trained in anything has made me feel like I am incapable of dancing. However, last night I got such positive feedback from my awesome stilt skills that I felt better about everything. Everything. It was this awesome liberating feeling.

I woke up this morning to the sorest quads in the history of man, but all I can think about is getting back up there.

3 comments:

Nickole said...

So as look through your blog, I was starting to wonder if you ever smile for pictures anymore?

Doug Tregeagle said...

some of us were born to be taller, some were born to be shorder

Unknown said...

Were you soarin' and flyin'? I'll bet there wasn't a star in heaven that you couldn't reach! I agree with the comment asking why you don't smile in your pictures lately. Seriously, you deserved this opportunity and I hope you get many more!