Monday, January 11, 2010

Unpleasant


Lets just share the magic of today.

Of course, I didn't sleep well. Lately, I have been having extended, intense, epic dreams about me going back to Utah and it being either exceptionally awful or surprisingly joyful, alternating appropriatly. Either way I don't get a good nights sleep and therefore am unwilling to force myself awake. Last night, specifically, was the former situation. Unpleasatness ensues.

I do my first show and feel a slight twinge in my left lower back. I brushed it off as an oddity and carry on. Post 2nd show the twinge became more of thwap or a jab. Went to the Atheletic Trainer and was told to ice it and if its worse after the next show to come back and see her. The jab became a surge and AthTra told me I pulled a muscle and there was nothing to be done except take it easy and wait for it to heal. I don't try to get out of things so when she spat out "tell them you can't do parade," the concept was quickly rebuked.

Rewind to 2nd show:
My aunty came to video the show to send home home. When it came time to pick a voulenteer for "I Want it All" I thought I'd grab my uncle (who tagged along) to come dawn than bedazzled top hat. So I walk over and he puts his baby boy in my arms. Standing in shock, infant cousin in arms, I start to panic but realize if I don't get back to my spot the rest of the number will get jacked up. So there is video of me holding my 1 year old cousin as a "new broadway star". I panicked because as performers we aren't supposed to hold children and as soon as baby was tossed to me, I thought to myself "this is how I'm gonna get fired. Lovely." Fortunatly, I had an amazing manager who was fine when she fully understood the situation.

That being said, it was an unpleasant day by 4 pm. But of course to add more stress to this situation, I had what is basically a job evaluation in the evening. It went well...i think, but you never know for sure. I am intensely glad I have a day off tomorrow.

No comments: