Sunday, August 31, 2008

I Know Things Now


Many things about various people in my life, were brought to light last night. And as my hair was growing with all the secrets it now contained, some Sondheim (I don't know if that's spelled right) lyrics came to my head. They are from a little show called "Into the Woods".

So we wait in the dark
Until someone sets us free,
And we're brought into the light,
And we're back at the start.

And I know things now,
Many valuable things,
That I hadn't known before:
Do not put your faith
In a cape and a hood,
They will not protect you
The way that they should.
And take extra care with starngers,
Even flowers have their dangers.
And though scary is exciting,
Nice is different than good.


I understand certain people a little better now. Which has allowed me to love them more.

Isn't it nice to know a lot!
And a little bit not...

No comments: