Monday, January 26, 2009

Sunny 'ROAD'


I just saw Revolutionary Road.

I don't know how I feel about it. I suppose all the aspects that went into the film were great. Leo and Kate both sucked you into their crappy marriage so entirely, I wanted a divorce. Michael Shannon as the "reformed" asylum escapee was absolutely brilliant. Like in my opinion, Best Supporting Actor will be Heath, but Shannon will have been close behind. Sam Mendes is always great in the directors chair, always giving his film a definate style and feel. Cinematography, score, editing; all were on point. Course that's just my opinion.

As for if I liked it. I really don't know. The only word I can seem to find to describe my feelings about it is 'important'. I feel like it is an important movie. If you are into film and the whole aspect of the industry, I think you need to see it.

A few years ago, my friend Bry made me watch another Sam Mendes flick called "American Beauty". Looking back, I think I felt the same way about 'beauty' as I do about 'Revolutionary Road'. They are important movies.

Anyway, that was my film snot speil for the day.

No comments: