Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Koniciwa B*****s

I don't mean to be trite by starting this entry with a question but...

Do you ever feel out of place? Like you're not sure you're supposed to be where you currently can be located? I don't know if that makes sense. I will try to elaborate.

Pretend you're back in high school (just go with me on this for a sec). So you're in high school and you are...I dunno, for the sake of the example, lets say you're a jock. So you are a high school jock. You like sports. You're even pretty good at them, but you just to don't seem to fit with your fellow teammates. They curse every other word and think movies like 2 Fast 2 Furious and the Rundown should win awards for "Awsomeness" and consider Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson a great actor. And you are completely NOT about that.

You get invited to a party hosted by some kid in the drama club, who you get along with pretty well, and you figure, "maybe I'll get along with all those drama geeks", so you go to the party.

After hangin' with them for an hour or so, you stop and have some thinking time. You realize you might get along better with these guys, but you still don't really belong here. You have now been with two completely different sets of people and you still are out of place. What now?

Did you like the example? 'Course you did. But I just am curious.

What now?

3 comments:

Matthew said...

I did like the example... because I was THE jock in High School! (Ok, that was a major lie. Sorry.)

Well, if you look at it, by being in the middle you have a choice... an opportunity many people don't always get.

I'd say give it just a little more time and think on it, for time is the only thing you can expect to bring answers.

@emllewellyn said...

But Dwayne Johnson IS a good actor...

Doug Tregeagle said...

At the risk of sounding like a dad (okay I am yours) You have to make a place for yourself. Where ever you want to, MAKE A PLACE FOR YOURSELF.