Monday, January 19, 2009

Wishin' and Hopin'


Upon skimming Emily's Entertainment Weekly, I saw Stephan King's column about his hopes and wishes for 2009. I quickly absorbed Uncle Steve's desires for the new year and couldn't help but think of some of my own. So kudos, Mr. King, for getting me a-desiring for a good year. Here are my hopes and wishes for '09.

I hope Obama can fix the garbage dump of a situation our nation is in. If McCain won I'd hope for the same thing. It's a big task and I will put my hopes behind Obams that he is the right man for the job.

I wish that people would start seeing how freakin' incredible that "How I Met Your Mother" is. Neil Patrick Harris is getting some attention for his role, so I think that is a good start! It needs some serious Emmy love.

I hope I will stop making-out with inappropriate people. I have gained a lot of self control in the past year, which again is a good start! And I hope that I will date someone that IS appropriate.

I wish for a book to catch my fancy and make me want to read it in one night. I did love the vampire antics of Stephanie Meyer, but it's a new year. Time to move on.

I wish for another great season of LOST and a redemptive season of 24.

I hope for an Oscar for Heath Ledger as the Joker.

I hope with the entirety of my over-worked heart that I'll be trained in High School.

I wish for Harry Potter 6 to be amazing and not fall flat on it's face.

I hope that I can manage to become about...let's say 8 degrees happier a person. I think that will be my '09 main idea. "Be Happy"

I wish for the continuation of my "astounding" knowledge of obscure bands.

I hope that I will get to do a lot more Block Party. I know, everyone hates it, but I loves it.

I wish for more Diablo Cody writtings. New book, new column, new movie, new tv show. Whatever form she'd do, I'd take it.

And most of all I wish, by the end of the year, I will have some idea of what I want to do with my life.

So there are my new year desires. What are yours?

No comments: