Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Fat Tuesday

Beings as I had one day left before I quite literally slip into a boat dock coma, I decided I should get out for a bit. You know? Stretch my legs. My roommate, Phil, desperatly wanted to go down to the Volleyball...field? arena? court? I'll go with court. Well, whatever it's called he wanted me to go play on it. I warned that one and only time I've ever played the sport was in a high school gym class which was nearly five years ago. He immediatly responded that he was sure I was fine. Phil's very positive. In my case, no amount of pluck could make me athletic. I gave up after twenty minutes, when I felt there was sand up the whole of the surface of my body.

After a thorough cleansing of myself (there was not one speck of sand on me), my cousins, Phil, and I decided to go to Wendy's to refule for the day. Phil, upon finding out it was Fat Tuesday, walked out of the restraunt and lifted his shirt for the good folks speeding along the I-40. Yeah, and he's the good one.

Next, some Downtown Disney right? Of course right! Take a bus? Hells no. We walked. I must say, you never feel quite as tense as when you walking into oncoming traffic on a major state highway. It was quite a journey we were taking. Seeing I was sweating, we stopped in this second rate hotel for some AC. The didn't even have HD tvs. How loud does that cry poverty? (For those who don't know me that well, that was a nice helping of sarcasm.) We took a deep breath and continued. Upon arrival, we went to the famous Dock stage at DTD. Andrea, Alysse, and I then proceded to do select numbers from our dance show that we performed there naught seven months ago. After, we met a fellow cast member (not one with any clout, unfortunatly, but nice none the less) who told me she works at Studios and said I danced like I should be in the High School Musical show over there. Having recent issues with my mediocre color codes, that was cheered me up instantly.

Now we is off to the Yacht and Beach Club Resort. Fat Tuesday, as it turns out, can turn out to be a pretty good day.

No comments: