Thursday, February 14, 2008

Placemats and molestation

Other than a small drama that came up last night, I approached this..what do you call it? Valentine's Day, with a somewhat plesant attitude. No, I don't have anyone that makes my heart beat at supersonic speeds when I see them, but I was just happy with life in general. Most of you who know me knows that I hardly ever use the word 'happy' in relation to how I be. That's why it was odd.

So I went to work today at the Crystal Place. It was only five hours, three sets, no big deal. Only wait. Its stuffy in the Palace, which in turn makes it hard to breath, which in turn makes the Case Face sweat like...I do in church. Anywho, I was surprised with a gift from a guest. I was brought a Tigga pen, some candy, and a place mat with Winnie, Piglet, and the Tig-miester on it. For a split second I though, "Oh great. I'm gonna have to put out tonight" then I realized I was in costume and quickly left that notion behind. It did make my day though.

We get to last set and like the stormy rain cloud in Eeyore's signature, my captain informs us that the restaurant is completely packed. And since it was the last set we had to see EVERYONE before we could leave. I felt like I was a cow attempting to pull a horse and buggie. Attendants came up behind me every 3-5 minutes to inform me that I needed to move quicker. Remember that whole "can't breath thing"? Yeah, getting herded through tiny paths full of obnixious little people made me panic slightly. By the end of the set I looked like I'd gone on Splash Mountain not once, but 14 times. We are talking major sweat people.

Next, I am changing and a mentally handicapped older gentleman comes you shake my hand. Then he pulls me into an unwanted hug. But I hugged him back. He's freaking handicapped and I'm not heartless. However, he then proceded to smell my neck and reach to stick his hand down the back of my shorts. Yeah, my kindness only goes so far. I pulled away. He shook my hand and thanked me and left. Some who I felt like a common whore, when we all know I am quite a ritzy one.

SO, how to end this sham of a day? Saving Private Ryan. It'll be like reliving my day but in film form.

No comments: