Tuesday, February 12, 2008

This dining thing ain't so hard!

When my schedual came for this week, I was excited to see there was a location other than boat dock. I had one mere BD shift amidst a week of dining shifts. Two at Crystal Palace (which some refer to as Crystal Prison) in Magic Kingdom and a Grand Floridian Breakfast. I got through my first CP shift with ease and was perplexed by people's hatred for it. "This dining thing ain't so hard", I told myself.

Today, my foghorn of an alarm went off at 4:45 (I know that I set it myself, but I need at least an hour to be up to lose those numbered sheep). Do you know what is going on at that God-forsaken hour? NOTHING! Literally 94.6% of all matter on earth is resting quietly in their homes or where they are planted or whatever the case may be. However, I was surprisingly coherent. I had more energy than I usually do and I had fun. The off-set room was literally a closet before they decided to have character breakfasts. And when you have Poohs, Tiggers, Alice, Mad Hatter, and Mary Poppins in a tiny area, well, it was interseting.

Whenever Poppins came off set she remover the top half of her dress...just hanging out. Alice was ornery and cursed like a sailor on leave (I mean, not that I never do, but when it's coming out of what appears to be a twelve year old girl it throws you for a second). But all in all it was an easy breezy day.

My only regret is I didn't get to be at BD with who I will now and forever refer to as Hot Legs Jenny.

Amen.

1 comment:

@emllewellyn said...

I wanna be that Poppins hanging out of her dress!!

Well, maybe not the hanging out of her dress part. Just the "I want to be that Poppins" part.