Sunday, November 29, 2009

Dancing With Myself

I am thankful for mental health nights.



On occasion, I find myself going slighly crazy. One of those times when you feel nouns (i.e. everything, everyone) is stupid and and full rude and jerk and lame. When these occasions sneak up on me, I find its best to treat yourself to a fun theraputic night. Give yourself a break from those people, places, and things that are currently causing perturbment.

Last night, I did just that. I went to Books-A-Million and browsed. Grabbed dinner from Chipotle, swung by Target, caught myself up on my stories, chilled in the hot tub, got some help on a video game, and watched some more TV. It was relaxed but had pleantly of activity, which is key to a good mental health night. I wake up this morning and feel much better.

I am thankful for slightly self-absorbed, enjoyable, perturbment detoxing mental health nights.

1 comment:

Matthew said...

I like those kind of nights - they're important to have every once in a while!