Sunday, November 8, 2009

Old Friend

Ok, here we go.

I am thankful for this ravashing creature.


Its name is Julie-Ann-Garbutt. I have known her since I was in 9th grade and we did "Fiddler on the Roof" at CVJH. She is one of the most interesting people I've ever met.

Our friendship didn't really start till my junior year. There was a lot of flirtation in those years, but its cool cause we are both embued with intense flirtatiousness, so it was nice to bounce that off someone. We have done many musical productions together (Footloose, Once on this Island, etc...) as well as made a short film (Its called Thespians. There was some BRILLIANT footage of her and Bry Schultz improvising that is now lost to the cruelty of our high School Macs). She is very talented and beautiful and completely crazy and I love it. You see my particular brand of crazy blends well with hers to make a nice crazy-blend friendship.

Julie reads lots of books. I mean, LOTS. Every time I visit her blog I see she is reading a new, different book. I've always wanted to be that kid whose well read and makes witty literary references, however, I am cursed with little will to read. Lately, I find myself wanting to be consumed in a good novel and she gives perfect suggestions. I'm jealous of her ability to read lots of literature.

She shares my love for many random things and it is awesome. To name 1 specifically, 80's movies.
--Her and I, with my other friends, Dave and Trevor, were the "Breakfast Club" but really only cause we love the movie so much. Really we are nothing like any of the characters in the movie. Halloween my Sr. year the four of us were our assigned movie counter-part; Julie was Ally Sheedy's "Basketcase", I was Emilio's "Jock" (see, we really were nothin like them.)

I don't have many people I can go to to vent. She is one of them. We live miles and miles away, but we can talk like I'm down the street. When things get a little too schitzo in the FL, I can call over to the UT, and let it all go. We exchange the annoying and pleasant details of our currant circumstances and we relate and empathize and swap advice and encouraging words and feel much better after we talk (at least I do). She is a great friend and I don't know that I'd be sane right now with out her.

I'm thankful for Julie-Ann-Garbutt

1 comment:

Julie Wilding said...

Um I love you a lot. This made me cry a tiny bit. Thank you thank you thank you!