Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Times running out...

I am thankful for 24.

It is an amazing show. I feel like there are times in life when you feel like you aren't in control of what's happening to you. Watching 24 makes me feel like it's completely in the realm of possibility that I could take down a large group of terrorists single handed and live to kick some more ass later that day. Jack Bauer, while yes, in need of years of therapy, is a guy's guy. There aren't many characters that are like that. Jason Statham in The Transporter, Bruce Willis in Die Hard, and Kiefer Sutherland in 24. It's nice to see that one man can waste a thousand, that he can make a difference.

Watching the show reminds me of being home. Not cause I felt like I was standing up to terrorists back home, just cause Dave got me hooked on the show all those years ago when life seemed easier. Its been kinda been a theme of today. Things that remind me of happy-home-times. Those times got to be few and far between but they are worth it.

I am thankful for guy's guy, kickin' ass and takin' names, terrorist hunting, all around awesome 24!!!!

No comments: